Challenge: Create a series of three Matrix-style images using the turorial below. Save all three as jpegs and post as a gallery to a new post in WordPress. I also recommend saving the original file as a .psd in case you need to return to the file later. The three images should support your reflection from your spring break.
Enter the Matrix
- You will need this file
- Skip this step: <Use Ctrl+I to inverse the colors of the background and numbers layer.>
- Use Ctrl+U to colorize the layer to the color you want.
- Show the photo layer. Notice, the example uses a picture with strong light and shade. Also, the background is solid black.
- Use Filter –> Pixelate –>Mosaic. A cell size of 12 will make the mosaic pixel squares match perfectly with the number grid provided.
- Optional: Image–> Adjustments –> Posterize (4) to reduce the number of grey shades.
- To turn on the numbers: change the layer mode from Normal to Multiply.
- In addition to the example we created together, use google images (or your own photos) to alter 3 images that somehow connect to your spring break.
- Post them to a New Post in WordPress as a Slideshow (Add Media, Create Gallery, Add All three images, select slide show under the view options)
- Post Title: D2 – Spring Break in the Matrix
- Make sure each image has a short caption explaining how it connects to your Spring break.