Instructions for 16_Pixelated
Steps for the Hand Drawn Version:
- 1) Choose your Photo (follow steps 1-5 in photoshop)
- 2) Outline the image in pencil
- 3) Color in the squares. Remember each square can only contain 1 color.
Instructions – Open Photoshop
1. Create a New Document
- Name: 16_Pixelated#_Name
- Preset: Custom
- Size: Height 64 x Weight 64 pixels
- Resolution: 8 pixels/inch (DPI)
- Color Mode: CMYK
2. If you cannot see the Grid: View > Show > Grid
3. Adjust the Grid so that it is easy to count specific pixels.
- Edit > Preferences > Guides, Grid & Slices
- Set Grid to: Gridline: every 4 pixels
- Subdivisions: 4
4. Copy an image from Google and Paste (Ctrl+V). You should see layer 1 appear, however your image is way to big. Press Ctrl+T to shrink the layer to fit in the little square canvas.
5. Zoom so the comfortable level with CTRL+
6. Choose the Pencil. If it is not on the tool bar, right click the brush tool to find more options.
7. Pick a color by using the color picker, swatches bar or ALT+Clicking on part of the image
8. Plot each pixel color ON TO A NEW LAYER (Layer 2)
9. Feel free to adjust and experiment at this point to make your work of art look just how you want it to. Ctrl-Z (Step Backward) is your friend.